Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday...To ME!

Yes, it is my birthday and well, I like birthdays and mine just happens to be my favorite! I would like to share about my day, however seeing as the day isn't over yet I can't tell all, but if I get part of it down, maybe I'll post the rest later!

Travis planned it all, I was not to ask questions, but I received little tidbits here and there. Things such as, "Don't worry about taking the kids to the store, I've got it covered." (Jeremiah really wanted to go spend his quarter so he could buy me a present!) Or, "You need to be ready by 10 o'clock, but don't worry breakfast will come to you in bed."

I was lounging around in bed listening to the sounds of my kids trying to be quiet while Daddy made breakfast and then the tell tale sounds of 'shh' while they try to sneak into the room came. After the cutest 'Happy Birthday' song in the world I was presented with pictures (thrown over my face), a lovely white flower, a very full glass that nearly spilled, a wordless demand for a hug and a plate with waffles covered in peaches, bananas and whip cream (I LOVE bananas and whip cream). After a few hugs I was left to eat in quiteness. I tried to get up to work on a craft project, but instead lazily stayed in bed to smile. : ) A little later I was heralded by Jeremiah to come watch the Phineas and Ferb they were watching, apparently it's the one he's been telling me about where Candace is turned into Perry, very exciting stuff! Travis took the older two to piano lessons (which we almost forgot about) while the little ones watched Diego and I did some dishes and picked up for the babysitters (Travis had to get up at 5am to go pray with someone from church going into heart surgery, so he was beat).

Then, the first part of our day...a regular date. We got hang out and go on errands. I know, so old married, poor couple boring, right? Well, it happens to be my favorite way to hang out, we get stuff done and we don't spend any more money than we would normally (okay, not much more). : ) We ended up going to about 10 stops in 2.5 hours! Amazing! We made it to Goodwill and I found another tea cup for Lilly's party, and some excellent condition hard back books for the kids.

Now, he took the three older kids, while Addie is napping, out so that I can work on whatever or read or just stare at wall! So, I'm blogging because the photo book program wasn't work right. Oh, and I got a package in the mail with two Jane Austen books! Okay, gotta go, the next part of the date is starting...all I know is 1) wear jeans and shoes 2) we're picking someone up in Keizer and putting gas in the car : )

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Sounds like a great start to your day. I can't wait to hear the rest and I agree that errands/shopping is one of my favorite dates also. Our last three dates "out" have been like that...Of course two of them included the baby. :)

simplykersh said...

oh please finish!