Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Circus

We got to go to the Circus. Yes, I am finally blogging about part of our vacation that happened at the end of August, pretty close to a month ago, wow I'm so behind!

Anyway, for vacation we were able to spend a couple days at Camp White Branch in the McKenzie National Forest (east of Eugene). The kids got to go swimming, play on a water slide go on a hike and jump and holler just about as much as they pleased.





We then traveled to Eugene where we spent the day yard sale-ing and had our birthday burgers at Red Robin. Finally it was time for the Circus. We met cousin Theresa and headed back to explore the behind the scenes! The kids were able to participate in a number of the pre-show activities as well, I was very proud of Lilly for going into the center! Adelyn was very much trying to get there, but I held her back!





The kids enjoyed the show tremendously. I was holding my breath during some...no pretty much all the high wire, daring type acts. Adelyn just loved the animal acts, she was clapping and waving the whole time they were out. I don't know how they train those animals...but they should find a way to use the same techniques for children! I think my favorite was where they had a girl who changed her dress...I know, sounds cheesy, but it wasn't! She'd walk behind something for about 2 seconds and come out in a 'different' dress, different color, different style and as far as I remember they didn't just get shorter and shorter. At the end they put a hoop over her so that the top part of the dress was different from the bottom! And then they just dropped the hoop and it was all the same dress. I didn't get very many pictures because they asked for no photography during the show, but I got one or two good ones of cousin Theresa!


After the circus we headed down to Applegate to hang out with Travis' parents and family. On Sunday all the kids and cousins came over and we had a BBQ. Unfortunantly, I got sick. I had a headache in the daytime and by evening had a fever of 101*. Monday proved no better, but worse since I now had a huge sore throat, fever and headache. Not what I wanted for vacation, especially since we were supposed to head over to the coast (through the Red Woods) and visit with Grammie and Grampie Lowe! (Travis' grandparents on his mother's side) So, that was the end, we drove home Tuesday to the Urgent Care which told me that there was a nasty virus going around lasting 4-5 days-ish. Ugh, I don't like being sick!
Oh, yes, here is the picture of my 14 year old nephew sporting the same hair cut as my almost two year old daughter!

No comments: