Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy 5th Tea Party Birthday Lilly!

So it's now been about three weeks since Lilly's Tea Party Birthday and while I posted pictures on Facebook that day (I happen to take lots of photos!) I have yet to blog, my humblest apologies to those who have no Facebook.

So, I had everything planned...okay, I had some of it written down and the other part floating in my head. I didn't make it to the grocery store, for special ingredients, before my Mom and sister Stephanie made it down, so I was behind from the get-go. Anyway we made a plan and attacked it, thus by the time the morning of the party rolled around we were tired and still had massive quantities to do...like decorate, clean up the horridly messing house (which we didn't get to the day before due to actually making some of the food!), and of course actually getting dressed for the party! Anyway, thank you to my mom who did about three hours of dishes straight, Melinda for keeping us on track and making sure everything was checked off, Stephanie who made sure the kids were doing something other than messing up what we'd done and still managing to help as needed and Travis who helped do a little of everything in the whole process and also took the other kids so we could have a 'girl's only' party!

On to the good stuff, pictures!!! I believe I took about 99 pictures, so here I will post a couple and then a link to the Facebook Album that has a few more...if you really want to see all 99 I'll burn you a CD and bring it next time I see you! (I have a very strong dislike for shipping charges of any kind!)


I got the balloon garland idea from Pinterest...I LOVED it! If you can see the food...our spread consisted of heart shaped P.B. & J., Applets & Cotlets, mini colored marshmallows with toothpicks, a lemon whipped cream pie, (rice) crispie pops as well as lemonade 'tea' which they got to sweet with sugar from the sugar bowl! Oh, and prettily sliced strawberries and pink plastic ware, of course!


Here we have our photo shoot background...I got this one of everyone! What beautiful little princesses!



Here we have the birthday girl with Aunt Stephanie. Aunt Stephanie taught them two ways to curtsy...I believe that might have been the highlight for most of the girls!


Ta-da, she's 5 now! Here is the cup and sauce and food she chose. We talked about what makes a princess...here is what the girls' decided:
1. She has 'Princess' before her name.
2. She wears big, beautiful dresses.
3. She's kind to everyone (I kinda prompted this one).
4. She can write in cursive (the girl knew this because she actually met one at Disneyland!)



Yes, I was there too. We painted toenails while watching a Gigi (God's Little Princess).


A sample of what each girl got to take home...A tea cup and saucer (which they got to choose from our vast selection), a beautiful plate for food, a wand, the place-mats they made themselves and a 'tea bag' of other goodies (such as a lemon shaped notepad, Ariel chapstick, a gel pen and purple winter gloves). I didn't mean to have quite so much, but my favor box was just over flowing! The total cost of all the favors together was probably about $2 give or take $0.50 depending on if the tea cup was bought at Goodwill or a yard sale!


Our back up support...they made sure I didn't forget anything in the schedule, helped serve our little princesses and also washed their tea cups and plates afterwards so they could bring them home all nice and clean!


And here is the 'public link' for the other pictures on Facebook, sometimes you have to copy and paste it into the browser...


Hope you all enjoyed this peek into a 5 year old's Tea Party!

No comments: