Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Love!

Happy Birthday to Travis!! Yup, it's come and gone and now on with life! My handsome husband just turned 31...he's so old! ; ) For his birthday the kids and I made waffles with fruit and whip cream and sent him back to bed to receive it! (in his defense we didn't get it all made until 8 or 8:30) Then we did presents, now I'll tell you a secret. I'm not good at remembering to purchase presents, so the kids and I picked out a few things on Sunday night and thus I didn't get them wrapped (and it always seems like such a waste of paper for a small family birthday, but bags just seem too impersonal). Anyway, I didn't have the presents wrapped and on earlier occasions we have made a Treasure Map of the house and then we hid the presents etc... This time we played 'Birthday Pictionary', yup, the kids each got to draw a picture of one of the presents we got him and he had to guess what it was! I took a couple medium length videos of this game for your viewing (and my memory's) pleasure...


Here is one of the videos, Jeremiah drew the 3" screws and Lilly drew a can of Pringles. : )


And then we got to play some games as a family, Uno Moo and Snorta. I would highly recommend Uno Moo for the young kids (even Jeremiah liked it, and it's more entertaining and a much shorter game than regular or character Uno). I even used the Uno pieces for helping Addie learn her colors. Snorta is a silly game that adults and kids like! I'd better watch out because I think Jeremiah will be better at it soon! We also got to go to Home Depot and look at things Travis wanted and then he drove me to get a massage. I know, right? Umm, it's your birthday buddy! He knew I wanted to use it, seeing as it was given as a birthday present and my birthday was three months ago! I just hadn't scheduled a time for him to watch the kids etc, etc... Well, that's pretty much it. Travis did get to work on his shop (yes, on), he's knocking out a wall between two bays to get a larger working area. He's been using all his birthday money to purchase cement mix and wood for enclosing it!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the games! We love both those ones also. :) Daniel enjoys "MooNo" as we call it. Although the other day we played CandyLand and HiHo Cherrio. I think tonight will be Chutes and Ladders. I was also going to tell you that Winco had Whole Wheat pastry flour super cheap. I bought some to make sugar cookies, but wish I'd gotten more.

Also, did you talk to Jill? She said she was trying to get ahold of you.