Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm not frustrated...but man I should be!

So today I had a hard time getting out of bed, it was just sooo comfortable and warm! However, that's not a new experience. I managed to pick up and clean the kitchen some, seeing as it's been getting worse for a while (you know, the corners are starting to get that extra clutter etc...). The rest of the morning went well, the kids behaved in school and we learned a new game. Then I cooked the pizza and when I turned around from washing dishes (for the third time today) I saw flames. Yup, flames from the bottom to near the top of the oven. I'd like to say that I have no idea why, but I do. I have a confession. A couple days ago while making bread I put a stick of butter int he oven to soften it for a minute...I forgot about it. I have yet to have a chance (okay, maybe the desire has something to do with this procrastination) to clean it out. So there you have it, flames. I managed to take the pizzas out and throw baking soda on the flames and sent Jeremiah out to fetch Travis from the shop. He laughed at me, the good 'oh, dear I love you' sort of laughed, definantly helped me not be frustrated! And then, I cooked the last batch of cookies. And while you think you know, you're wrong. I didn't burn them (though I very nearly forgot about them, yes.). I actually put them on the stove and went to take them off and wondered why a couple were very burnt on the bottom, one was still smoking...and then I noticed the parchment paper was burnt too and the cookie sheet had a circle of some sort. And then I realized I turned the front burner on and placed my pot on the back burner. Of course, both of these incidences happened while Travis had a guy from church teaching him about electrical wiring and also a youth kid hanging out in addition to my kids and the high schooler who does school here. A great audience to have for kitchen fires. But, I am happy to report that our smoke alarms work. And to top it off, after dinner I put a lid for my pot on the rack and the whole thing fell off...but it reminded me why we needed to buy superglue! Along with the piggy bank's nose (thank you Isaiah for knocking that shelf down), and the wiseman's head (he should be wise enough to keep his head about him) and the now two lids with broken tops and who knows what other things that miracle of superglue is just waiting to bind! Just another day in the Frank Family!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I can so relate to the messy house part.