Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Silverware Museum

I know, who ever knew there was a Museum dedicated to all things Silverware?!? Well, in all honesty I don't know if there is or not, I haven't checked, but that is where the kids (minus Jeremiah who knew the truth) thought we were going last Monday. Yup, we put them in the car after a couple days of pumping up the 'Silverware Museum' idea and told them we were heading there. They didn't whine or fuss, but were a little puzzled. Anyway, in case you didn't know we actually ended up at the Great Wolf Lodge...which happens to be AWESOME!!! The kids did fantastic, even through the extreme tiredness that follows. We ate, played in the water park, went on quests with our magic wand, ate, slept, more quests, toy inventors workshop via WHO, ate, water park, ate and home (via IKEA on the way up and down!). So much exhausting fun. We didn't have 'Aunt Stephaniepoppins' with us this time because we wanted to see if we could do it as just our family, and she had to work. The conclusion is, if you have kids younger than the medium slide height (like that, younger than the height?), then bring a nanny. It was extremely nerve taxing to watch the three younger kids in the kiddie pool area, extremely. While staying with Addie (who is 2.5), Lilly (aged 5) would go off to the other section or Isaiah (almost 4) would fall and start crying. Once, I had Addie on the pretend jet skis and Lilly tried to pull Isaiah down the small slide. Well, Isaiah didn't want to go down the small slide and started to cry. He then proceeded to walk back down the platform and stairs and by the time I realized he turn the wrong way he was half way across the play area. So, I'm trying to get Addie to go fastest when I see the Life guard find Isaiah, so now I'm 'running' with Addie protesting in my arms to let them know I'm right here (before they ship him off to 'lost child area' and I have to haul both the girls out to find him!). It's hard to move fast without raising alarms in 1.5 feet of water! I did catch up to him, whew. Anywho, it was much easier to watch them on the Fort MaKenzie slides...ones that I didn't know they'd let Addie down since there is no lap riding! Addie is fearless and had the greatest time climbing up the stairs and going down, I'll have to post a picture of the slides. Thankfully Isaiah liked those slides too or it would have been a hard place to be! The lifeguards were so friendly and thought Addie was so cute going down (they also have a signal of some sort that allows the lifeguard at the bottom to know there is a little one coming down and they're there to grab her out at the bottom!). So, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as normal, but I did manage to get a few. I'd post them all here individually, but Jeremiah is chopping at the bit (and being very good about it) to play the Wii, seeing as it's Saturday and his Wii day. So, for now I'll post the FB link and maybe later I'll put a couple good ones directly on this post!

If you've never been to the Great Wolf Lodge, it's awesome!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

It sounds like SO much fun! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit in the Fall and can't wait to go again with everyone in October. Of course, Silverwood is next for us. :)

I very much agree though that with little ones a nanny is a must...or at least a great benefit.

It's great Jeremiah kept a secret that well. Were the other kids surprised?

We went to an indoor waterpark nearby here recently and it was a lot of fun. Daniel enjoyed going down the waterslide (like the medium ones at GWL, but no tube). It was crazy to see how fearless he is. At GWL he went down the Fort Mackenzie slides more times than I could count.